The term “vaginitis” refers to the infection or inflammation of the vagina. Sometimes, vaginitis can result from non-infectious means like an allergic reaction or irritation from chemicals, sprays etc
Common examples of vaginal infections include:
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Viral vaginitis
- Burning sensation around the vagina
- Vaginal discharge which sometimes changes colour
- Odour, sometimes offensive
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Practice good hygiene.
- Keep yourself clean and dry.
- Also Avoid using vaginal sprays and avoid douching.
- Avoid nylon underwear Cotton Underwear is usually the best bet.
- Practice safe sex.
- Go for an examination regularly and get a pap smear done